Patent Search



Google Patent Search

Search and preview millions of books from libraries and publishers worldwide using Google Book Search. Discover a new favorite or unearth an old classic.

National Informatic Center (NIC)

Provides free on line access to INPADOC-EPIDOS database to the registered users. Registration is open to all and is free of cost. The INPADOC-EPIDOS database is produced by the European Patent Office (EPO). It is possible to conduct bibliographic searches through this site. The bibliographic data includes publication number and date, priority number(s) and date(s), application number and date, International Patent Classification Code (IPC), name of inventor, applicant's name, title of the invention and other details. About 70% of the titles are in English, remaining 30% in 13 other languages.

This database is claimed to be the largest database on patents, dealing with patent applications filed or granted in 65 countries. The data includes patent applications filed through the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT), patents published by African Intellectual Property Organisation (ARIPO), European Patent Office (EPO), Organisation Africaine de Propriéeté Intellectuelle (OAPI) and the countries of Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, China, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova,Singapore, Mongolia, Monaco, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Rep. of Korea, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia, South Africa, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, U.S.S.R, U.S.A., Vietnam, Yugoslavia, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

The database is being updated weekly, subject to availability of data from the member countries. Nearly 30,000 new records are added every week. Data for almost all countries are complete since 1973. Data prior to 1973 are also available in respect of some countries.

European Patent Office: Europe's network of patent databases

This site is hosted by European Patent Office, which provides the free access to all European patent applications filed and granted by EPO. The site also provides access to EPO's collection of patent databases named Globlepat of about 60 countries, more than 30 million patents and also to Japanese abstracts. In addition to this the site also guides to the databases of the National Patent Offices sites of espacenet of the members of EPO, where one can search on patent database of national patent offices of the members of EPO. Abstracts and claims of patents except few countries are also available on the site free of cost; all European patents and patent for some other countries; full text documents along with images (150 million pages) are also available on site for free access.

US Patent & Trademark Office

Patent searches on patents issued by USPTO since 1976. This site provides facilities to conduct key word searches on abstracts and full texts. Searches based on specified fields are also possible. The site provides wide range information on the activities at USPTO.

Bureau of indian standards

Official site of the National Standards Body of India covers product quality certification, consumer affairs and development of technical standards.

World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO): PCT Database

Search patents filed through PCT route since Jan 1998.